Wednesday, July 8, 2009

tossing and turning

My skin problems continue: extreme itching gave me an uneasy night’s sleep. My face has been particularly “itchy”, so much in fact that the night before last I got up and shaved. It didn’t help.

Last night I got up and watched Craig Ferguson’s late show... I dvr it since it comes on at 12:30AM- I think the guy is very funny. He is a naturalized American from Scotland, a recovering alcoholic who has a strange sense of humor. I dozed off and on in the leather chair and went back to bed at 6AM. I slept a bit until 9, and then up and at ‘em for the day.

My forehead seems to be almost healed, as is my neck- but I now have a swollen right ankle and leg. That started a few days ago- fortunately, it has hit its crescendo yesterday, and we are on the down side. It just looks terrible. After so many years of dealing with this, I can tell when the “extreme” skin eruptions have run its course. They never fully go away, they just intensify at certain times of the year- April and July. Maybe it is something that happens in this tropical region of Florida that sets it off during those time periods. It probably did not help matters to cut shrubs and rake outside.

By next April I should have had my Bone Marrow Transplant, with a stronger immune system.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your skin eruptions are on the down side now, Randy. And by this time next year you'll be as good as new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the plan Sally...

    God willing.

    ReplyDelete