Saturday, July 18, 2009

3:30 AM Roid Ramblings...

Ming the wonder dog and I are up and in the computer room/Guest room. Denise had built a Murphy bed in here, so when it is unoccupied- the bed is hidden in the wall. Ming (our 17 year old Shih Tzu) has a bed in here as well and he seems to spend a lot of time sleeping in it these days... He often gets up late at night and follows me to whatever room I wander to...His age concerns me--- He is still moving around well but has an occasional back hump associated with kidney failure. He does not seem to be in any pain, and while his jumping on the couch is sometimes “miscalculated” and he slams into the front of the cushion- I am not yet to make a “quality of life” call on him yet.

Me, I am bouncing off my steroids- since the Ambien CR has worn off...Snoozed off around 10PM- up 5 hours later. I finished my book (Robert Parker -Jesse Stone series...) and have the newest Baldacci book to get into...

It was hot today...big flash from Florida. I had to wash the mustang in shifts- big priority was cleaning the convertible top with a careful bleach mixture to remove the algae that accompanies the intolerable humidity here in the summer heat... It is getting a bit worn... frayed on some of the seams-so it might need to be replaced soon...

I scrubbed the roof, went in and cooled off- washed the body and shammed it- (not Sham WOW) went in to cool off... cleaned the inside, went inside...cooled off, and did the windows... I started at 8AM... finished around 10:30. I love a clean car... really dislike heat stroke.

I am looking for something to do tomorrow--- something to entertain Denise with- since I have been pretty much a lump for the last month or so....This CLL and the fatigue really takes the wind out of your sails... Maybe we can go to the beach- eat some Grouper at out favorite biker bar (CFO’s during the week- Bad boy Harley bikers on the weekend), take another cruise in the mustang- top down, air conditioning blasting.

The girls’ other grandma is coming early next month for a couple of days- so we might sneak off to Marco Island, or Savannah for a few adult days...maybe to Key West. We use to go to Key West pretty often when we were in Vermont... Now it seems like it is too expensive to fly from here (Tampa), and too far to drive. We do not do the massive Duval Crawl- but our system is to go to a beach in the AM- lunch in town, go to another beach in the PM, see the sunset, have a great dinner, and do it again the next day- maybe even see the sun come up. I try to get a half day deep sea fishing and we have a off site 55 foot cataman that we take out with very few other passengers. In the past, being the cheapest man in America, on day one I would go to Kmart- buy a Styrofoam cooler and a couple of beach chairs...donating them to a worthwhile looking young couple on our last day...

It is a very relaxing place...it can make you slow down. The first time I went, I met my family there after a hectic business trip with a petulent Artist who my publishing house represented- He was insistent upon ailenating all possible revenue resources I had established... WE were in the keys prior to my nephew's wedding in DC. We landed, and I was Mr A personality- looking for the Margarittaville waitresses to deliver my burger in some reasonable time frame... tapping my foot- sighing, etc... But then it happened- Several days later, the Conc Republic lifestyle change was complete- going to the dry cleaners for my suit- I was told it would be ready in 45 minutes... I said "cool- and sat on the provided couch and read a magazine..." It could have been the snorkeling, scooter rides, deep sea fishing- or simply reading a book on the beach... The Key West experience became a yearly adventure- leaving snowy Vermont in April and kick starting the spring/summer season.

Tonight the Plant City Car Show is downtown- so we will more than likely walk that...it happens every third Saturday in the month, and brings a lot of cars... especially in the winter when the snow birds are down here...

Maybe I will take a Benedryl and start that book....

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment