Saturday, July 11, 2009

End of Day One

With 40mg of dexamethasone I felt pretty good today...Kind of like my old self... a bit more energy to say the least. I felt this way when I first started this treatment last year as well... still working I blew apart my contact management and could see a definite increase in productivity...Like the "old Randy"- pre CLL...

Unfortunately it seems to escalate my mood as well... I recall being on a business trip last late summer, getting a Charger Hemi as a rental car-with XM satellite radio blaring classic vinyl and driving way too fast on the interstate... I also made some pretty abrupt comments to people as well along the way... Eventually, after five months, I was weakened to the point of hardly being able to walk up the stairs... I did so, one step at time, like a child... That lead to me taking disability... knowing it was time to hang up the spikes.

But today, the skin eruptions are subsiding- my ankle has decreased and is returning to normal...everything seems to be "drying up..."

So, while I am happy today to feel the "old Randy" coming back- I know it is not sustainable for any long period of time...not with the steroids...

Looking for the Bone Marrow Transplant to be the definitive answer to this CLL roller coaster...God willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment