Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Attacked

I am not a bible scholar... some of the blogs I read are well thought out biblical essays. I am more of a meat and potato kind of guy. I am a blue-collar dude from Cleveland. I am a believer however...

The subject of the “Evil One” causes some concern among non-believers. Back in the 1960's,comedienne Flip Wilson use to say “The Devil made me do it.” Vampires seem to be making a strange comeback- but the Devil seems to be culturally "yesterday's news..." I believe in today's tolerant popular culture where everything is acceptable, it is not “cool” to believe in Satan...If you acknowledge that there is a God however, and that His son came to forgive us our sins-and His word is recorded in the Bible- then you must accept that there is also an evil one who wants us to fail in our relationship with Christ. It is in His word.

A few days ago, I felt I was being attacked... Not by bullies or gangs- but by evil itself. Health, family, finances, just about everything.I felt that situations in my life had compiled to a point that I could bear it no longer... We do have an enemy, one who wishes us to sink into despair and depression- but through His word, and the prayers of fellow believers the evil one can be defeated... By reading His word, asking for prayers from His believers, I made it through the tunnel. Thanks is given to my friends at CLL Christian Friends, my old (former) pastor and friend Bob Moston...and of course our savior, Jesus Christ.

I do not know how non-believers do it... but some suggest that they are not a threat to the evil that exists- only those that are in a relationship are a threat to the evil one. Ironic.

I know that God does not allow us to endure more than we can handle... I sometimes wish he had less faith in my abilities...

Proverbs 3:56: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better now Randy.Yes satan tries to attach us from every direction sometimes but we have to turn to God and you are right,he will direct ou
    r paths.

    Keep your chin up things will look brighter in a day or two.If not,don't hesitate to ask for more prayers.We all need them.

    Thoughts & Prayers,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling better too, Randy. Isn't it cool that the armor He tells us to put on in Ephesians 6 is all stuff we already have in Christ, and we only need to put it on?!!

    ReplyDelete