Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 4 on the Roids-

I feel pretty good. My skin is clearing up- my swelling has subsided... Not too irritable- yet... I have slept in my bed (instead of my chair) for the last two nights now... so all is well, for the moment.

I am waiting to hear from OSU when I should come for a treatment- if I get on the Cal 101 phase 2 trial. If not, maybe I will try the Tru-16...

I looked at some of the Treatment Centers for the Bone Marrow Transplant... OSU does not have the number of Matched Unrelated Donor Bone Marrow Transplants as say, MD Anderson, Dana Farber, The Hutch- or even Moffit, here in Tampa... So why am I going there? Certainly not for the experience... I guess it comes to trust and faith... a Christian Doctor well known in the CLL world once told me that I could trust Dr. Byrd to lead me the correct way... There is peace knowing that one can trust someone... Besides, OSU is close to my birthplace-Cleveland. I have family and friends near by... Maybe being one of a few transplant patients there will make me more special- not just another notch on the belt... I am not sure...

Texas may be a viable option---but I have heard the term "cowboy" once too often in relationship to the treatment there...

I ask Him to direct my path--- and place my faith in His wisdom...

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. I like Dr. Byrd's more moderate way of doing things, too. I've always kept in the back of my mind that I'd go see him if my CLL took a turn for the worse.

    Glad to hear the "roids" are doing the trick for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Randy,
    My name is Jean and I’m with the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. Our organization helps patients, caregivers, and families cope with the social and emotional challenges of transplantby providing vital information and personalized support services, including peer support on call. We subscribe to Google blog alerts, where we found your story.
    Please know that others are thinking of you and pulling for you! If you would like to find out more about our programs and services, please visit www.nbmtlink.org or call 800-546-5268.

    ReplyDelete