Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rescheduled



The transurethral resection is back on... The bladder cancer surgery that I have had about 15 or so times now is scheduled for this Wednesday. In and out, forgive the pun...out patient- with just enough discomfort to require some Oxycontin. I am such a sissy, I am still concerned I will get hooked like Rush Limbaugh did...

I switched my Cal 101 chemo trial clinic to Tuesday. That seems to be doing well- still no nasty side effects, and the nodes are still reduced...

Anyway, here at the Dublin Chalet (I called it the Dublin Dump- but was corrected by a friend). Visiting some old friends and some long lost biological siblings... another post, another time. My family's primary goal when I was growing up was to one day be just dysfunctional...

Well at age 55, battling Chronic Lymphocritic Leukemia, Bladder Cancer, and having had a kidney removed due to cancer- I guess I can say I have a lot to be thankful for. In retrospect the challenges of the past are what build us in character. I can see the ultimate good that God has brought from what at the time appeared to be the worse possible time ever...I am saving my "childhood" for another day. Just one note that I learned a long long time ago- "You can't call yourself an adult if you still blame mommy and daddy for not ...fill in the blank.

Wouldn't it be great to just fast forward to the good times? I think we can- if we just remember to do so- thank God for the circumstances, and expect the good will be revealed to you some time down the road. Why wait feeling good if you know it is coming?

Sometimes we allow ourselves to be kicked down- or go into Eeyore mode. You know, the Winny the Pooh character who is described as being quiet, intelligent, and always depressed.

Yeah, Yeah- I know...some of you guys might think I have "fox hole religion"... Ain't no atheist in battle. But I actually have been using this thankful to God creed well before I knew what a Urologist actually did---or attended a bible teaching church.

Okay, just another reminder why we call this Ramblings by Randy....

Laundry day.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment