Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back to Columbus- Byrdland


I received word on Friday that I am expected to be in Columbus on Friday for pre trial screening... The trial is Cal 101, at the James Cancer Center under the watchful eye of Dr. Byrd. This trial has had some positive results... and hopefully I can add to those statistics.

I have decided to point the Cadillac north- and fly back in a week or so... once I get a firmer understanding of my schedule. I bought the Caddy for northern exposure when I was in Columbus circling the Bone Marrow Transplant drain. The Mustang ragtop is more of a fair weather car- tail end swings in rain, ice would be tragic. I actually feel the Caddy's 27MPG on the highway- 19 in the city is pretty good for not driving a lawn mower. I will probably pull out Tuesday, take my time, and arrive Thursday night.

I will also have to cancel my scheduled transurethral resection for my bladder cancer at Moffit- and possibly reschedule it in Columbus, with Dr. Pohar- dependent upon the screening results and schedule. As an out patient surgery that I have had about 15 times...not a big deal.

Anyway, tomorrow and Monday I will be getting things together-speaking to the housing people, so I will post as I can...

Also have to start working on wearing shoes... flip flops for the last month or so...

God Bless

4 comments:

  1. Randy,

    We know you are anxious to get started on this trial and we pray you get positive results. You'll have a lot on your plate for awhile. Mom says it has been windy in Ohio and chilly. Please tuck our best wishes in your luggage!

    Nancy & Tom Lussier

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are reading this while in Columbus, will you please ask about expected remission lengths, and if CAL-101 could reasonably be used as a maintenance treatment, if remissions are short.

    Good Luck in the trial

    Charles Hull

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nancy and Tom- the weather is a bit cooler here- about 30 degrees coolers...Hope you are doing well with treatment...

    Charles, I will ask once I get beyond testing...

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things are going well Randy.Update us once you get a chance.Be careful and stay warm!

    Thoughts & Prayers,
    Deb
    www.cllcfriends.com

    ReplyDelete