Thursday, October 29, 2009

Columbus again...


Catching up... Flew back to Columbus on Tuesday... Had a great visit with Denise and the grand kids...Neese was all over me...Denise and I went to our favorite beach area to read and wade in the frigid waters---76 degrees- ate at a couple of our favorite restaurants, drove the Mustang with the top down, and Denise made my favorite meal- a chicken casserole that strangely has replaced my old favorite chicken casserole that was loaded with Velveeta... The new one has stuffing. No Tofu...gotta keep up the weight- the Olympics are coming...

Fun in the Sun... but I return to my birth state.

Clinic on Tuesday, everything seems to be going well- the lymph nodes have decreased- no skin eruptions... still a bit fatigued- but for clinic I can't take my legal speed until afterwards... feeling pretty good today. Stocked up on the "man" groceries... chicken patties, soup, breakfast sausage, and a case of Dasani water... I also scored a really great radio at Goodwill. A Sony Dream machine- stereo that I can run my XM through... $4.00! I soaked it in disinfectant... but it sounds great. The bored dude at Radio Shack who did not have time to deal with my questions saved me at least $40.00 for a sub standard radio...

One day I want to write a book called- "I Want to Give you Money..." with my buddy Gil. Many stories about trying to buy something and being blown off... Like the Plant City contractor who has yet to give me his estimate for a new garage... times must be better than I thought... Of course it has been a year now...

Not sure what the weekend will bring- taking it as it comes...being grateful for all God has given me, and the opportunity to swing the bat a few more times...

Ain't giving up yet...

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment