Saturday, November 7, 2009

Winning off the strip



The surgery was successful in removing most of the tumors in my bladder…I am rescheduled for a repeat performance on November 18th. All are superficial, no worries.

The Cal 101 leukemia trial seems to be reducing the Lymph nodes, and my energy seems to be increasing. I have clinic Tuesday, and go for CT Scans on Wednesday,

It is 59 degrees here at the Dublin Chalet. Sun is shining, and I will cruise about twenty minute or so to visit a car show hosted by an old friend and client.

This last week was the first time I have missed the Las Vegas SEMA trade show in over 15 years. Strangely enough, missing my friends aside, I did not miss the week long trek from aisle to aisle. I am not a gambler... I did miss the Calamari steaks at the Hilton Steak House, and great Italian fare off the strip at Ferro’s, the wine at Mix’s at the Mandalay Bay -with the best view in town, and of course my ARMO and SEMA friends who surprised me last year with an induction into the Automotive Restoration Market Organization's Person of the year...

It totally blew me away.

But things change…new chapters begin…

Gotta go check out the car show…

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. We missed you too Randy. I remember my very first SEMA show - you introduced me to so many people who I now consider friends. And I'm glad I got to enjoy that calamari and Ferraro's cuisine with you many times! We have to do it again my friend!

    ReplyDelete