Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday Rambling



Well here we are. December 27th. In Florida it will get up to around 80 degrees. It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon.  Denise has taken over a couch and is reading (napping) Quincy the wonder dog has another, chasing imaginary rabbits. I already had my nap. I thought I would open up my cranium and see what falls out. Setting up my lap top at my leather chair, I am off and running. Writing words not requested, and probably not read. Just a salve for my ego I suppose.

I have a nice porterhouse marinating for Denise later. She is definitely a red meat girl. Because of my lack of taste won’t make one for myself, I’ll have a baked potato and the remaining beef fried rice from Christmas dinner.

Denise is off her game today. She is a bit terse. Every now and then she is hit by the over whelming situation we find ourselves- basically my health as well as her mother’s. There is good reason- there is a lot of stuff to consume, to deal with that we would of course rather not.  Fortunately the mood doesn’t last and she is her usual cheerful person again tomorrow. Also is a good thing that she and I do not have these feeling of being overwhelmed on the same day- that could be a disaster.

We have one more appointment with Dr. Byrd this year. They found some free airline tickets that have to be used by the 31st-so we are flying in on the 30th and back home New Year Eve. Denise goes with me these days to drive, and push me around the airport in a wheelchair. I still feel guilty even though walking the concourse would be exhausting for me now.  Irish pride.

After the first, I will begin playing with the Mustang. It needs some brakes, oil change, and hydraulic fluids put in the rag top motor. I wanted to do that stuff myself- and bluff up my old daily driver- but it doesn’t look like it is in the cards. I will get that done and slap a for sale sign on the puppy. Still have the Cadillac going strong.

There’s talk of me going on dialysis soon. That’s three hours of cleansing three times a week. I have avoided looking too deeply into that- it seems like my last resort. I guess when tour remaining kidney is working at 14% it is.  I should know by the end of next week where that fits in.

I pray that you have a wonderful weekend- and stay within the will of God.

 

Randy Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, my Irish brother. My best for a happy and healthy 2015!

    Steve McDonald

    ReplyDelete