Friday, December 19, 2014

popping pills


Today I feel pretty good, mentally. I m fatigued and usually take a mid day if not twice a day nap. I took one already today. My legs are weak, and unsteady, causing me to use a cane, and my upper body strength is nonexistent… I actually fell down and couldn’t get up…the paramedics had to be called since Denise could not lift me. But mentally- at this moment, I feel good.  I suspect it is the pharmaceuticals I am taking to modify my mood.  Some people resist the drugs. They want to experience life without any filters. I don’t feel like I am missing anything, I believe I am a cognizant as possible- just with less stress and anxiety.

Yesterday I had several appointments- so I missed taking my noon prescriptions. My nephrologists delivered another brick in my health challenges, saying I would need to go on Dialysis sooner rather than later. My kidney is operating on 14%. When it falls below 10% or so, I will need to begin. He then suggested that maybe I start early to see if that would make me feel better. Dialysis will be my last resort. I don’t need to rush things along on a hope.  Needless to say my attitude, demeanor was pretty low. I could have used my meds to keep me balanced and anxiety free.  Instead, I was overwhelmed by my decade long battle against cancer that seemed to be getting the better of me.

Today I feel better- no overwhelming despair. I am of course aware of my situation, just not so dependent upon my mood- I say yes to pharmaceuticals.

No comments:

Post a Comment