Friday, December 26, 2014

Just a recap


Well we survived Christmas. Had the local grandkids over Christmas Eve, and a great event put on by Denise?  With New Year’s ham being prepared for New Years day- it will be a perfect holiday season. Trying to adjust my meds, I just didn’t get it right as I found myself a bit agitated as the youngest grandchild resisted understanding that no means no.  Being an old guy doesn’t help, you want to grab the parents and shake. But when I look at the other two girls- I realize I am just an impatient old bastard it will all work out eventually.

I spoke with a few people on Christmas. As is the new means of communication: a couple of text messages. Oddly enough I have not heard from my sister Linda. Having moved to North Carolina, and trying to reorganize her son Brian’s Law Offices have been a challenge. Her new house if being rebuilt with them living there- you can imagine how hectic it is. She must have had other things on her mind. We have been so close over the years- especially growing up.

My brother Ken and Sister Kim celebrated Christmas together. Kim drove to Kenny’s for dinner-and they seemed to have had a good time (according to Face book)

My son Angel and family celebrated as usual in Vermont. His in laws are there and they have some pretty consistent traditions. That’s a nice way to celebrate the holidays for the kids… of course we would love to see more of our granddaughter Onna and newest edition Damon. We are loosely planning a March trip to Vermont- Denise is afraid of driving in the snow.

My sister Robin’s birthday is Christmas day. What a rip. I suggest she it she change it to April 5th. That’s as good a date as any and the weather will be shifting toward warmth.

Other than that- things remain the same. I went out to do a local blood test- but the lab took today off.

I drove through MacDonald’s for lunch for a ¼ pound value meal- small fries and coke…what is better than that?  You may be aware (or not) I am bullet proof. I can now eat anything and everything without gaining weight. I have stopped losing weight as well- which is a good thing. I lost about 80 pounds-  I was always a full figure boy- This is probably my ideal weight- but losing it rapidly I lost muscle mass-so I am a virtual weakling.  The other challenge- ironically, is being bullet proof and able to eat anything sounds great- I have lost my sense of taste.  Everything seems bland- including the MacDonald’s fries. That’s just criminal. I feel like I am in a Twilight Zone episode.

That’s my ramble for today. Not sure why, but I felt the need to do so.

God Bless,

Randy Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment