Saturday, December 13, 2014

Man plans.



Man plans, God laughs. I planned on getting out and doing some shopping today. My waist has dropped 8 inches and my old jeans require suspenders. I look like an old man.  Denise bought me a pair but of course I need more. Woke up a 7:30, had a bowl of frosted flakes and coffee and read the local paper. 9:30 decided a short nap was in order. Just woke up. 1:30. Guess I could still go shopping-  but it's Saturday near christmas. My plan was to go early and avoid as much as possible  the crowds.

Actually Denise told me that already discounted wranglers have an additional 10 % off on Tuesdays. This plan avoidance is benefitting me.

That's the way life is. Make a plan, get upset because it doesn't work out exactly as expected and many times it works out better, if we allow it too. People are the worse. You have a plan for their lives that you know is good, but they have other ideas.  It seems the stronger we press our ideas, the more resistance they give. We have to be careful we don't back them in a corner where they focus more on winning the battle than the original plan.

Heavenly Father give us the wisdom to know when to fight and when to surrender to your will.

In Jesus's name Amen.

Randy Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment