Monday, October 28, 2013

Battle Weary

Sitting in the ID docs office, having the dressing on my mid line replaced.  I have had something stuck in my arm since Feb 20.  

Twice a day infusions- antibiotics . No change in sight. Playing with the big c for 15 years now. Bladder, leukemia, kidney, ureter. 

Once a month six hour infusion for my immune system- no end in sight. 

Quarterly trams urethral reactions to replace a stint to keep my kidney functioning - no end date. 

Massive game of whack a mole. 

Just a bit battle weary. 

6 comments:

  1. hi randy how are you , are you ok ? , not heard for a while

    steve

    uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi randy , hope your still ok ???? , keep going
    best wishes
    stew
    uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, Sorry for the delay getting a response to you. The Ibrutinib continues to keep the lymph nodes in check- but the early chemotherapy has left some collateral damage. I have been battling an infection for the last year with daily infusions of antibiotics. Trying desperately to maintain my remaining kidney without dialysis. Thanks for checking on me. How are things with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Randy that sounds awful , are you any nearer getting the infection under control , really hope your feeling a little better , ibrutinib working thats good news , dx in 08/2011 my first treatment may be needed soon , wbc slowly creeping into the 90 s but all other blood counts in range . nodes in neck slightly troublesome other nodes throughout seem ok
    keep in touch
    steve
    uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi randy not heard back hope your ok
    steve
    uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Randy hope your ok
    steve
    uk

    ReplyDelete