Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blame it on Dennis


Years ago, working in Vermont as a Marketing Director- there was a real pain in the ass working with me, in a lateral job, who wanted to basically do my job. He was obnoxious, arrogant, and eventually proved to be a liar and exaggerator. He collected his things one evening when the proverbial jig was up and he was about to be exposed, and was never seen again.

He also allowed some to conveniently use him as a scapegoat- problem with the accounting software- Must have been Dennis. Do we have inventory issues? That darn Dennis… It really got to be absurd…even to me who almost (almost) came to blows with Dennis when he entered my office and tried to intimidate me. I refer to my reaction as going “Cleveland” on him.

Dennis did some pretty bad things- but not as much as he was given credit for. Allowing some to avoid adult responsibility. It was childish to blame him- to shirk responsibilities. Dennis was not responsible for all ills that befell this company prior and since his departure.

I suspect Mr. Obama is also still in that “childish” behavior-blaming bad ol’ George Bush for everything bad in our lives. The fact is we still need to do something about the challenges we face-no matter whom may have caused them.

Grow some, uhhh- convictions Mr. President. Quit blaming "George" for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment