Monday, December 7, 2009

28 degrees and holding…


Back to Columbus today- clinic tomorrow, CT Scans early Wednesday, and return to Florida in the afternoon. I will be staying at the motel closest to the Hospital… and right next to a Tim Horton’s and Bob Evans- great coffee at Tim's, and Biscuits and Gravy at Bob's. Unfortunately, both mornings I am not allowed to have coffee or breakfast. Cruel and unusual punishment...

I finally have had a decent night's sleep last night… I got up several times… but not every 30-45 minutes as has been usual. Sleep deprivation does not improve my usual sweet demeanor, and just enforces my reputation as a surly bastard… The lack of sleep thing has really stopped me from doing most of anything… no trips to the beach, no afternoon escape to read… just a lump.

I haven’t even gotten too upset with the political pandemonium out there… The Barry, Harry, and Nancy show.

I did spend some time on Saturday looking at some options for my ailing elderly dog, Ming. He is 17 and not doing too well. It is tough taking care of something like this- and you want to make sure you are not too quick to pull the plug. Ming must has sensed his slippery situation- as he has been a bit more active- running to the corner and back- as if to let me know it is not yet time. He is in no pain, so we are all safe for now. Truth be told, we got our other dog Quincy so we would not have a lapse once Ming went… that was four years ago…

Ming responds well to proper motivation...

I can respect that...especially now that Denise has lost her fear of power tools...

God Bless,

1 comment:

  1. p.s. Is there anyone my age who does not hear Aretha Franklin in their head when he/she writes "respect"?

    ReplyDelete