Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I can now accept who I am, what I was born as…finally.



It really surprised me. I guess it shouldn’t have, the signs were all there. I mean, my sister told me of my tendencies-she said she had tried to correct me when I was very young- to go against my natural persuasion, forcing me to be more “main stream…” I have heard of people discovering their true self later in life, I just didn’t think it would happen to me…I made the discovery today…on a ladder. The revelation became apparent in a flash…and a sense of peace engulfed me. I felt good with the revelation, and I accepted the decision that I was different then I thought. I understand that my “new” tendencies had had many prejudices…but people were much more tolerant today of these “differences” than they ever had been. It would just take some getting used to.

I was born a certain way- but have lived another- a lie I guess. I would still maintain my learned behavior…it would be more practical-but now I would have the “newly accepted” way of life to experiment with, try out and see what new things I could try.

I discovered I was born left handed. Putting up the ceiling fan this morning, the screwdriver felt more “natural” in my left hand, and I was able to use it comfortably. My older sister told me that she had forced me to write with my right hand over and over as a young boy… she didn’t want me to be different. But now I am free of the provential thoughts that left handed people are "strange..." I will still write with my right hand...but maybe I should try left handed golf clubs…

You weren’t thinking something else were you???

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. And I like your countdown, too. : ) How do you add gadgets from outside sources to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shari... The countdown was within the blog...at the top of your blog page there should be "customize", click that then in the search box, type in "countdown"... I had to drag my cursor over the headings to see the "customize...but it is there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Had us going there for a minute, didn't you?!? Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually tried to add the calendar date to my blog (like yours) because I really liked that. I went to the homepage from yours and tried to add it with the URL, but it wouldn't let me. I wondered if I wasn't doing it right.

    ReplyDelete