Sunday, September 27, 2009

Michael and Me...


Pigs are flying. It is a cold day in Hell. I can’t believe I am writing this, but last night I was surfing the channels- and paused at Larry King--- yes he is still kicking... His guest was Michael Moore pushing his latest film (which I believe has made him more money in this capitalistic system.) I gritted my teeth and prepared- but I found that some of what he was saying made sense... Before my conservative friends start calling the shrinks- let me say again---some. He is critical of Christopher Dodd, Tim Geitner, and Ben Bernacke... for the original reason I was... We are putting the same characters in charge of the financial mess they helped create.

Michael IS qualifying his dissent from the Obama administrations selections by using the banks practice of hiring former bank robbers to advise how to avoid future robberies... I believe Michael is clutching at straws, but he is heading in the right direction...However, banks that employ criminals and scoundrels do not give them the keys and alarm codes- they tend to keep them on a tight leash... They are, after all still morally corrupt- they just got caught.

Right is right, wrong is wrong. Mr. Moore is an avid Obama supporter and of course still thinks George Bush is the Antichrist, and probably thinks (along with Moammar Kadafi) that he (Bush) may have been on the grassy knoll in Dallas shooting at President Kennedy.

Michael is still a whacko on health care- and most every other issue... but even a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then...

We are Americans... we can figure out something on this health care issue- despite what our friends and allies might think- we are resourceful and resilient. We just need to get rid of the special interest- on both sides of the aisle. For starters- to get some control on costs- let’s get some tort reform, and outlaw prescription drug advertisements... oily stools and all....

Okay- no more channel surfing...

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment