Monday, August 31, 2009

Tough Weekend

Woke up Saturday with a 100.6 temp, and a lymph node in my thigh the size of a Walkman...(for you youngsters- that’s like two Ipods taped together –or maybe three.) The fever subsided- so there was not a need to visit Moffit for a stay at their bed and breakfast. Just put a cramp into my weekend. No big plans-just going to the gulf to read and a visit to our favorite restaurant for a late lunch.

I read most of the day Saturday- finished off the new Lee Child book... and Sunday, watched the TV news program until I got sufficiently angry, read.

The tough thing is that my lymph node is somewhat painful- so I take a viccoden to make it through. I am also unable to lay down- because I experience a burning sensation on my face when I am reclined... So I sit in my chair- sleep until 4-5AM, then I stumble into bed and then, I guess because I am semi conscious I am able to sleep...

I see Dr. Lancet - and do the IVIG tomorrow... so I am hoping for a suggestion or two.

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the pain Randy. and sorry that you don't get more than a little stretch of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, we hope the lymph node has subsided and is not as painful. Something was certainly going on to cause fever and the mamoth node. Hope you are feeling better now.

    God Bless,
    Nancy & Tom

    ReplyDelete