Monday, August 17, 2009

Forgiveness

We are by nature not very forgiving. Especially me... I have been known as a judgmental SOB for decades now. But in my daily prayers, I am asking for a "softer" heart. All things are possible through Him.

I think what Michael Vick did was deplorable- I cringe whenever I hear of any animals being intentionally mistreated. I will not address all the other things that are reported in the news that make me cringe- but stay on this topic. Animal cruelty displays a person’s mental and/or emotional defects’

Uncle Charlie might say “That young man’s “head and heart” lights don’t shine very bright...”

The Michael Vick issue has been rumbling around the blogs, face book, sports and talk radio. Many feel that he (Vick) should have had a stiffer sentence that he should have not been allowed back into the NFL. For me, I will wait and see by his actions if he is repentant. Having Tony Dungy in his corner is a good sign.

This all reminds me of what my Pastor back in Vermont use to say----“Good thing I am not God, there would be a lot of striking down going on...”

God is very forgiving (thankfully). I am working on that as well.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, Randy. People deserve a second chance. It doesn't mean you condone the offense to want their redemption. I am so thankful God wanted to redeem rather than condemn me! So how could I NOT want mercy for others? Another detail I agree with you on is Tony Dungy.

    I hope you're doing well. I am hit and miss on the CLLCF forum lately. I just have so much going on that I haven't taken the time to post an update on everything (other than on my blog). I have been pulling for you and saying prayers for you since the first time I read about your CLL journey. You have an amazing outlook on life and you are one of the many inspirational people I've met through John's diagnosis. I feel honored to "know" you and just wanted to take a moment to tell you!

    ReplyDelete