Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday Afternnon


Tuesday January 6th. Had my nap, lunch, and just chilling in the leather chair- windows all open- a beautiful Florida winter day.  I have just a couple of Doctor Appointments later in the week. My meds seem to be blending me well today- but I think that could change in a New York minute.

Getting up in the morning is done in several stages. I need to will myself to get up. I need to get beyond the initial hopelessness I might feel to determine that I should get up, and not stay in bed.  Some morning I feel neutral- some I am angry, and some I feel deep despair.  I am not trying to sing the blues here- just give an accurate portrayal of my initial thoughts and emotions after my 12 year battle. The physical part is not that easy as well. With very little body and arm strength, I need to swing my legs over the side of the bed and using my cane- get into a sitting position. My fear is falling between the bed and the wall and having to have the paramedics come pick me up. Pushing off, I stand and get my balance. I am aware of that balancing parts more and more since I feel a couple weeks ago walking into the bathroom. Taking care of my bathroom needs and taking my morning meds, I stumble to my chair, where Denise has a cup of coffee for me, with my two newspapers. This is the way I start every day. It is usually 7 or 8 o clock.

Bartlebee passed away. He was just too weak and the paw too infected to survive. We found him a nice placement next to the playhouse. Denise is going to use a concrete market- she will mix it from a bag- as soon as we can determine an appropriate transcription.

I head off to Columbus in March for my next meeting in Byrdland. The CLL seems to be pretty dormant and boring right now. That’s good. Other issues, I have been having some low blood pressure challenges lately- 80/65 type numbers. My local hem doc took me off some cardiac medicine and that seems to be clearing up the blood pressure issue. Like playing whack a mole.

I am thinking Denise and I should go to Vermont in March as well. I got a photo of my grandson this morning and man he is growing fast. I would go sooner- but Denise is the dedicated driver these days- and she doesn’t want to drive in the snow. March can still have a flurry or so- but the odds are better for a dry road. Denise could actually drive and see her mother and brother one day. I would stay in Rutland with Angel and Gil watching over me.  Denise hates to leave me alone. Why would I not go with Denise to her mother’s? Well, that’s another story for another blog.

Denise has gone off to pick up Neece from school.  As my second oldest grandchild, I can say without hesitation- she is unique. She dances to her own music. She is a great soccer player who gives it her all.  I overheard one parent say- she plays as hard as a boy.  I will take that as a compliment- she sweats up a storm. She comes here every day after school and does her homework- Granma Denise, a former teacher, loves it. They both get their one on one time.

My laptop has become less mobile than it was. The battery is cooked- so it has to stay plugged in to use it, and parts of the keyboard doesn’t work- so I have an external key board plugged in, other than that it is fine.

Well, it seems like I am stretching for something to put in here- so it must be time to ramble off.

God Bless,

Randy Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Keep fighting the good fight Randy. You're in my thoughts and prayers! -Brian Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about Bartlebee. We love our animals, don't we. My mini-Dachshund was bit by an Alaskan Malamute on New Years Day. She is healing well, but the event was scary. Wishing you a bright Florida day to enjoy. In my thoughts, Erika

    ReplyDelete