Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tired of it


Another CLL warrior lost her battle to Leukemia yesterday. My “forum” friend Penny from West Virginia passed away after a battle that was just too overwhelming for her to continue. She consulted with the best- Dr. Byrd at OSU--- but sometimes there are no further options. Sometimes the beast wins.

She leaves behind a dazed husband, two sons- one who serves his country in the military, and of course many of us who spoke to her on the telephone and communicated by way of CLL forums.

She was a passionate OSU fan...

I have seen too many depart well before their time- fighting valiantly to the end: leaving behind wives, husbands, children, and of course many grieving friends.

Their names blur together- the memorial services, trees planted, candles lit, prayers prayed. It seems so unfair. I know we all must “die”. I am just tired of being so close and personal to it these last six years.

Enough already...say a prayer for her family...

God Bless,

2 comments:

  1. Randy, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and I will say a prayer for her family so they may find comfort and peace now and in the days ahead.
    We too have lost far too many women on the breast cancer message boards recently, and my heart skips a beat every time a subject line reads something like "Has anyone heard from.....lately?"
    My head spins when I think about how quickly things can change. How can someone post on Monday that although treatment options are running out they are not ready to give up, but on Friday they are gone????
    It isn't fair, not for the one with the cancer or for their family & friends!
    As positive as I usually am, sometimes I get so angry at the uninvited, insidious, and faceless enemy that if were at all tangible I could probably do some serious damage.
    Keep the faith and stay strong Randy,
    Linnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linnette. A fellow on one of my forums posted a list of those that lost the battle- at least those that are associated with the forums over the last several years... 22 names.

    I will let this sit for awhile- then post some more upbeat stuff...

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete