Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I stayed home instead...



I was going to go... I even cleaned the Mustang, put the cover on it, and was ready to hit the road this morning- nine hours to Chattanooga, the Hot Rod Power Tour... a seven day event where muscle cars and classic hot rods travel from one city to the next... with a car show in each destination. A car guy's dream.

I would have seen a lot of friends, old clients, and some really cool cars. I use to work for the publishing company that started it all- Hot Rod, Car Craft and dozens of other specialty magazines. The "Long Haulers"- the enthusiasts that travel the whole way, leave Bowling Green KY tomorrow morning and arrive around 12:00 in Chattanooga... my old friend Corky Coker(Coker Tire) is even sponsoring the day in southern Tennessee. Thursday they travel to Birmingham, and on Friday and Saturday they are in Mobile AL for the wrap up... I have been to 8 of these...every one of them a blast. Heck, just hanging out on the Hot Rod "rock star bus" is cool.















My granddaughter woke me this morning- jumping on my bed, and I decided to spend some time with her in the pool instead...

Priorities seem to have shifted...

God Bless,

8 comments:

  1. You would have been coming right through Murfreesboro going from Bowling Green to Chattanooga! But I agree with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, the tour does not stick to the straightest faster routes...

    Thanks Shari...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh tough call, Grandchild or Mustang! I know my pick, may have been harder for my husband. Tim has a lot in common with you, he has CLL, is in the CAL 101 trial with Dr. Byrd and is a mustang nut. He has a 66 fastback, and is in the process of restoring with our son, a 65 fastback and 67 coupe. Not to mention the other 5 in purgatory he's holding onto. Enjoy the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean to call you a nut, just Tim. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been called much much worse...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randy, I like your decision to stay home with your granddaughter AND your new blog design! Both very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sally... now if I could get some music like your blog has....

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have shifted--I remember your road trips. But good choice! Can't wait to jump on your bed and spend the day at pool too!

    ReplyDelete